Image default
News

Cell phone charger would have caused an apartment fire in Neiva • La Nación


A fire left in ashes the belongings of a room and a living room of an apartment in a residential complex in the north of Neiva.

A fire left in ashes the belongings of a room and a living room of an apartment in a residential complex in the north of Neiva.

The conflagration occurred around 12:40 p.m. yesterday in apartment 604 located in tower five of the Brisas de Caña Brava complex in the capital of Huila.

According to the first hypotheses of the Neiva Official Fire Department, which responded to the emergency, the fire would have originated from the overheating of a cell phone charger that was left connected to the electrical outlet.

The charger apparently caused a spark that started a fire, whose flames spread rapidly through the room and the room, consuming whatever was in its path. “Fortunately no one was inside the apartment, he was alone. The damage was material,” said a spokesman for the fire department.

He added that a neighbor who noticed the fire, managed to enter the apartment, closed the doors of the kitchen and the other rooms, preventing the flames from gaining more force.

The emergency agency went to the scene with two machines and twelve units, which after several minutes of fighting the flames, which were coming out of the windows, managed to put them out. “The smoke from the flames affected the upper apartments,” said the firefighter spokesman.



Related Articles

Pan-American highway: economic effects after two-week closure – Cali – Colombia

Paisa

Protest of officials of the Mayor’s Office for transfers Teleantioquia

Paisa

What did they agree? • The nation

Paisa

Leave a Comment

Subscribe

Sign up with your email address to receive tips and updates
SUBSCRIBE NOW
Terms and Conditions apply
close-link
Click Me
Translate »